Happy Spring 2012!
Hi there, Bhavani here
Isn't it great to see blossoms coming out again! I hope your spirit is blooming right along with them! I always feel so much brighter when the days get longer. I’m grateful too that it’s turning out to be a busy spring for me. There are many things I’d like to share with you—and I have a mantra handout I thought you might like. For the sake of brevity I’ll headline the events and supply links with more information.
1. If you're close to Kripalu, join me there from 7:30 to 9 pm on Wednesday, April 11th when I'll be leading a FREE kirtan with my kirtan band, including Atma JoAnn Levitt responding and Adrian Bennett and Bob Cronin drumming. Adrian and Bob are part of KDZ Drummers and are fabulous.
2. Next in the Pittsfield area is the Toastmasters International Area 51 spring speech contest at Hancock Shaker Village in Pittsfield from 10 am to 12 noon on Saturday, April 14th. There are two contests: a Tall Tales, which is always lots of fun, and the International, which is called that because it goes all the way to the International level in Toastmasters. The other contests stop at the District level. Having won first place at the club level, I'm competing in the International contest. Click here for more info about it on my website Calendar page.
The contest is FREE to the public, and it would be terrific to have friends there. If you do think of attending and you've not been to Hancock Shaker Village, I recommend that you stay after, paying the entrance fee to the Village, to experience all it has to offer, including the baby animals that are there this time of year--and especially a 12:30 pm concert by the incredible singer/songwriter David Grover! Click here to download a schedule.
3. If you’re near Boston on Saturday, April 21st, join me for the 4 to 8 pm darshan event with Mirabai Devi, where Tom Lena and I will be leading kirtan. Mirabai is a beautiful spiritual teacher who visits New England in the spring and fall. Check out all the details here.
4. The next Introduction to Meditation program is May 4-6. Please spread the word to all your friends. Better yet, bring them along. Click here and scroll down to read more about it on my website Calendar page and here to go to Kripalu's website to register.
5. Here's the BIG NEWS!! On May 11-13, I'm teaming up with Sara Meeks for a brand new program at Kripalu. She’s a former Kripalu resident who is a PT, a Kripalu yoga teacher and a Pilates teacher who has created what she calls S.A.F.E. yoga: Skeletally Appropriate For Everyone. It's safe for those dealing with osteoporosis or osteopenia, but it's equally good for everyone, because it's all about extensions--opening up the body—and we all need that!
The program is called S.A.F.E. Yoga: Harmonics in Motion, which means that we'll be adding sounding--toning and chanting--to the great yoga. I would really love to have you join us for this healing weekend. Click here and scroll down to get all the info about the program on my website and here to go to the Kripalu website to register.
6. When I did the Yoga Hub Virtual Yoga Conference in February, I gave people a handout that contained a diagram of how to practice mantra counting on the fingers your right hand, along with some recommended mantras for certain situations and a list of resources for the study of mantra. It occurred to me that you might also like that handout, so click here and here to download the two pages. Please let me know if it is helpful to you.
7. I’m going to be posting on my website Blog page my answers to some questions about mantra that were asked during the virtual conference that I think are of general interest. Check my Blog in a few days to see them. And feel free to send along any questions you have about mantra or any other meditation technique that you’re practicing.
8. One last thing: I'm thrilled that I'm getting out and about more these days for kirtans and workshops and I'd love to come to your area. Check out my website Workshops page to see the kinds of presentations I can offer--and keep in mind that we can always tailor something to the specific needs of your group.
Thanks for reading. Enjoy the mantras and have a lovely spring. Peace and blessings.